You & Sea Training Course Brochure:

  • This is our new training brochure for 2021 with updated boat info, new courses, prices and generally useful information on what we do. Click here to download a copy or pop into the office and pick up a hard copy.

Commercial Endorsement

  • A commercial endorsement is required to work commercially in the UK using various RYA Skipper Qualifications. There are 4 courses that make up the endorsement which are Sea Survival, First Aid, VHF Radio, Professional Practice and Responsibilities (PPR) and then either an ML5 or ENG1 Medical. Please click on any of the above courses for more information about them or click on the link below to download a copy of the application form.
  • Click here to download the RYA Commercial Endorsement Application Form

RYA Certificate of Competence (Exam)

  • Depending on your experience you can apply to sit an RYA CoC Exam for 3 different qualifications – Advanced Powerboat, Yachtmaster Coastal or Yachtmaster Offshore. Please see the relevant course pages for more information on course dates & pre requisites. For each exam the application form below needs to be completed prior to the exam starting
  • Click here to download the RYA Exam Application Form

International Certificate of Competence

  • The ICC (or to give it its full title International Certificate for Operators of Pleasure Craft) is a certificate which is intended to provide evidence of competence when requested by officials in foreign countries. It is issued under the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Inland Transport Committee Working Party on Inland Water Transport Resolution 40. It is this resolution which details how and to whom the ICC may be issued, the syllabus requirements, the layout of the certificate and it also lists the countries which have notified the UNECE Secretariat that they have accepted the resolution.
  • Click here to download the ICC Application Form

ML5 Medical

  • In order to work at sea you must have a medical certificate. The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) accept two certificates, dependent on what sort of work you are doing. They are known as the ENG1 and the ML5. You will need one or the other to receive a commercial endorsement.
  • You need an ML5 medical certificate if you’re;
    • the master of a passenger ship that doesn’t go to sea (Class IV or V)
    • the master of a commercial vessel that doesn’t go to sea
    • the master or a crew member of a small commercial vessel certificated for Area Category 2 to 6 (no more than 60 miles from a safe haven)
    • a crew member or anyone else (eg catering staff) who normally works on a domestic passenger ship (Class VI or VIA) that goes to seaThere isn’t a set ML5 fee but an ENG1 has a maximum cost of £80.
  • Click here to download the ML5 Medical Form