Electronic Navigation & Radar Course
This one day course has been specially created by the You & Sea team to provide a structured training course on using Chartplotters and Radars on any vessel. This course is run on Millbrook using the latest in Raymarine chartplotter software, Doplar Radar, AIS and MARPA.
The course is split into 2 parts with the morning spent planning and executing a short passage using the chartplotter. We cover a variety of subjects including chartplotter orientation, AIS overlay, vessel headings vectors, tidal information, plotter accuracy, use of waypoints, building a route and a discussion on the limitations of plotters.
The afternoon is spent looking at Radar and covers screen orientation, relative motion, interpreting the screen, Gain/Sea/Rain clutter controls, IRPCS, AIS and waypoint overlays, what shows up on radar and what doesn’t and using radar for pilotage.
- Contact the office for Dates
- Dates will be released soon
£300 per day - own boat
- 1 days use of our Nelson 42, Millbrook
- Diesel and fees
- Maximum 4 students
- lunch and snacks on board
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
What to bring:
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Soft soled shoes
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Navigation and Boat Handling knowledge to the level of Day Skipper.
- Basic knowledge of Radar