Yacht handling under Power
The sail yacht handling course will go a long way to relieving those feelings of apprehension when the time comes to carry out a manoeuvre in a tight marina or in windy conditions. Your experienced instructor will explain the main factors that affect how a yacht handles under power and armed with this information you will have the chance to put theory into practice in a variety of situations.
You will come away with a better understanding of how windage, prop walk, tide, and prop wash effect your yacht and indeed can in many cases be harnessed to help you pull off a perfect manoeuvre. We are often asked about ways to moor up when short handed so time will also be spent looking at various methods to help.
- Contact the office to arrange a date
Our Boat - £250pp (3 people required)
Private 1:1 Our Boat - £800
- 1 days use of our Beneteau 393, Sequel
- Maximum 3 students
- lunch and snacks on board
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
What to bring:
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Any medication
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 3. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- This course can be run as a private 1:1 course on our Yacht. The price includes all associated costs.