Professional Yachtmaster Training – Sail Cruising
Our Professional Yachtmaster Offshore course will provide you with the comprehensive training and qualifications required to work within the maritime industry as a yacht skipper or as superyacht crew. This course also provides additional training and certification required to open up employment for those looking to work onboard and start a career in the superyacht industry.
The RYA Yachtmaster Offshore certificate is recognised and respected around the world and is the ultimate aim of many skippers looking for employment opportunities in flotilla, charter, deliveries and instruction. Alongside the STCW Basic Safety Training certification the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore qualification is fast becoming the entry level requirement for those looking at a long term career within the superyacht industry.
Our Professional Yachtmaster Sail Course is split into 3 modules – please see below for details on the Modules.
Please come along to our FREE information day on Tuesday 5th March. You will be able to have a look at syllabus, structure and career opportunities. We strongly advise pre-booking for this day. There is no requirement to attend the information days and we’re always happy to talk things over with you over the phone. A copy of the brochure in PDF form is also available to download by clicking here.
- 6th May 2019
Certification included in the course:
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship Certificate
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Certificate
- RYA Day Skipper Practical Course Certificate
- RYA VHF Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA First Aid at Sea
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Shorebased Certificate
- RYA Coastal Skipper Course Certificate
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat
- RYA Professional Practice & Responsibilities
- Round Scotland Mile Building Trip
- Yachtmaster Offshore
Cost includes all course fees, tuition, meals and accommodation on our boat for the practical elements of the course. We will do our best to provide accommodation for you during the shorebased elements of the course as well.
- No formal pre-requisites but we recommend that you have at least 200-300 miles logged prior to the course.
- ML5 Medical