- RYA Instructor Courses
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Course
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Instructor
- IMO 6.09 Train the Trainer
- RYA Cruising Instructor (Motor)
- RYA Navigation Instructor Course
- RYA Radar Instructor Course
- SRC Assessor
- PBI Development - Shorebased Skills Development
- PBI Development - Night navigation
- PBI Development - Intro to Cabin Cruisers
PBI Development – Intro to Cabin Cruisers
This is a one day course run on Millbrook, our Nelson 42. The development day is designed for any PBI, APBI or Motor Cruising Instructor who is looking for development in handling a twin engine motor cruiser.
In our experience, we have been asked to conduct training on an ever increasing number of single and twin engine powerboats with cabins. A Powerboat course is no longer solely conducted on 5-6meter ribs. This throws up a completely different teaching dynamic that powerboat instructors are generally used to and the day includes plenty of time behind the wheel, including electronic nav, radar, single engine operations as well as discussions on how we can overcome the various teaching challenges on a boat this size..
please contact us to arrange dates.
What to bring:
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Wet Weather gear if required.
- Use of Millbrook for the day