- RYA Instructor Courses
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment
- RYA Powerboat Instructor Course
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Instructor
- IMO 6.09 Train the Trainer
- RYA Cruising Instructor (Motor)
- RYA Navigation Instructor Course
- RYA Radar Instructor Course
- SRC Assessor
- PBI Development - Shorebased Skills Development
- PBI Development - Night navigation
- PBI Development - Intro to Cabin Cruisers
RYA Advanced Powerboat Instructor
The Advanced Powerboat Instructor Course is designed to ensure the potential APBI has the experience, knowledge and competence to teach the Advanced, Intermediate courses and Tender Operator Courses as well as being able to undertake Own Boat Training outside a school’s operating area. At the same time the endorsement ensures that you know exactly what to teach against all the subject areas of these courses.
The course is a mixture of running practical sessions afloat to discussing the syllabus, the difference between instructing and coaching, how to deliver and structure the various subjects in the courses as well as night exercise on the first evening.
- 1st & 2nd February
- 30th/31st November
To check availability and book please click here
More dates can be added for groups of 2 or 3. Please contact us.
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Course completion certificate
- RYA Powerboat InstructorValid First Aid certificate
- RYA Membership
- Minimum age is 17
Advanced instructors wishing to teach the advanced course must hold of one of the following Certificates of Competence with commercial endorsement:
- Advanced Powerboat
- Yachtmaster Coastal (Power)
- Yachtmaster Offshore (Power)
We would also suggest:
- Whilst not a prerequisite you are recommended to hold the RYA Yachtmaster theory qualification. As a minimum you must have an equivalent level of knowledge.
- You have considerable boating experience in a range of conditions, across a variety of boats in various locations
- You have considerable night boating experience to the extent that i) You can safely manage a boat anywhere at night ii) Teach others how to do it
- The ability to explain any aspect of the Advanced Course with ease as defined by the syllabus.
- You are a very experienced instructor with experience of delivering many Level 2 courses.