RYA Day Skipper
This is a great 4 Day course is for new skippers who intend to undertake short passages in familiar waters by day. Building on the theory subjects covered on the Day Skipper Theory course, subjects taught include;
- Boat preparation
- Boat handling
- Types of craft
- Engines and drives
- Engine operation and maintenance
- Safety and seamanship
- Rules of the road
- Securing to a buoy
- Berthing alongside
- Man overboard recovery
- Passage Planning
- An Introduction to night navigation.
Please click here to see our course information sheet.
- 25th – 28th November
- 2nd – 5th December
To check availability and book please click here
Own Boat - £1200 (see notes below)
Our Boat Private Course - £3200 (see notes below)
Minimum age is 16
What to bring:
- Cash for evening meals
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Soft soled shoes
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Any medication
- Passport photo
- Phone charger
- Accomodation and bedding in 4 single bunks (if the course is residential)
- Berthing costs
- Wet Weather gear
- Lunch on all 4 days
- Breakfast if staying on board
- Occasional dinners if staying aboard.
- Certificate & Logbook.
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 4. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 4, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.
We strongly recommend having completed the Day Skipper Shorebased course. You should also have had 2 days practical experience on a motor cruiser.
Recommended pre-course experience:
- Days at Sea – 5
- Miles – 100
- Night hours – 4
- Days as Skipper – 0