A great 2 day course to introduce you to motor cruising and undertaking short in-shore trips, such as through a harbour or down river to the local beach. Time is focused on developing the core slow speed handling skills and good ‘seamanship’ skills.
Topics taught on the course include;
- Boat preparation
- Boat handling
- Types of craft
- Engines and drives
- Engine operation and maintenance
- Safety and seamanship
- Rules of the road
- Securing to a buoy
- Berthing alongside
- Man overboard recovery
- More dates coming soon. Please enquire if you are interested in this course email@example.com.
To check availability and book please click here
Own Boat - £600 (see notes below)
Our Boat Private Course - £2000 (see notes below)
Minimum age 12
- 2 days use of our Nelson 42, Millbrook
- Diesel and berthing fees
- Maximum 4 students
- Overnight accommodation if required
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks on board
- All bedding (inc. duvet)
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
What to bring:
- Cash for evening meals
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Soft soled shoes
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Any medication
- Phone charger
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 4. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 4, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.