Advanced Exam Prep Course
This is a bespoke prep course, specifically tailored to candidates completing the Advanced Certificate of Competence Exam. Subjects which can be refreshed include IRPCS, pilotage, boat handling, night navigation, etc.
This is a NON-CERTIFIED course, so other subjects can be added.
There will be a night exercise on Day 1 and another on Day 2 can be arranged (at extra cost).
Please contact the office to book.
2 day & 1 night, followed by exam
Own Boat - £600
Our Boat Private course - £875
- 2 days use of Mustang, our Humber Ocean Pro 6.8
- Maximum of 3 students
- 2 days of instruction
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Wet weather gear
- Cash for lunch and evening meals (if staying in a hotel)
- Head torch
- Any medication you may need.
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 3. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 3, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.
Seatime required – 2 years relevant experience, including night pilotage.
If you hold an RYA Advanced Powerboat Course Completion Certificate, the seatime is reduced to 20 days, 2 days as skipper, 400 miles, 12 night hours. All qualifying seatime must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- VHF Operators Licence.
- Knowledge to Yachtmaster Shorebased Level.