This course is for more experienced leisure and professional powerboaters wishing to skipper small powerboats further afield and at night. As well as high levels of boat handling skills, a short range VHF licence, valid first aid certificate and navigation skills up to coastal / yachtmaster skipper standard are required for this course.
Please note that this course does not include an exam for a commercial endorsement.
During the course you will learn for Advanced Navigation skills such as;
- high speed navigation
- sector searches
- night time navigation
- IRPCS Lights
- Tidal Heights
- Advanced boat handling
- and more
To check availability and book please click here
2 days (+1 night passage)
Own Boat - £600
Our Boat Private course - £875
- 2 days use of Mustang, our Humber Ocean Pro 6.8
- Maximum of 3 students
- 2 days of instruction
- Light refreshments throughout the course
- Start Powerboating Theory Book
What to bring with you:
- Wet weather gear
- Cash for lunch and evening meals (if staying in a hotel)
- Any medication you may need
- Passport photo.
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 3. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 3, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.
Minimum age 17.
Candidates should be competent to the standard of intermediate powerboat with a thorough knowledge of navigation and chartwork to the level of Coastal Skipper Theory.
It is strongly recommended that students hold a first aid certificate and a radio operators certificate.