Powerboat Level 1
This course is in effect a scaled down version of Level 2 focusing purely on the practical handling elements of Level 2. During the course almost all of the time is spent on the water practising manoeuvres but there is also time to look at the safety aspects of boating.
Some of the topics that we cover during the course include:
- Launching & recovery
- Boat handling
- Approaching and securing to a buoy
- Leaving and coming alongside
- Handling a boat at planing speed
- Man overboard
Contact us to arrange a date that suits you
Own Boat - £300 (see notes below)
Our Boat Private Course - £375 (see notes below)
Minimum age 8 (please contact us to discuss if candidate is aged 8-12)
If under 16, certificate will be endorsed to show holder should use power craft under supervision only.
- 1 day use of Mustang, our Humber Ocean Pro 6.8
- Maximum of 3 students
- 1 day of instruction
- Light refreshments throughout the course
- Start Powerboating Theory Book
What to bring with you:
- Wet weather gear
- Cash for lunch and evening meals (if staying in a hotel)
- Any medication you may need
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 3. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 3, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.
“— Keith, April 2017
Excellent team and instruction, great boat, great experience”
“— Ryan, April 2017
Excellent company, very happy with the service we recieved.”
“— Ethan, April 2017
Very good course, well organised and overall a great experience.”