PBI Development – Intro to Cabin Cruisers
This is a one day course run on Orca, our Albin 28. The development day is designed for any PBI, APBI or Motor Cruising Instructor who is looking for development in single engine cabin boats.
In our experience, we have been asked to conduct training on an ever increasing number of single engine powerboats with cabins. This provides a very different dynamic to the usual RYA Powerboat Centre ‘rib’ and can throw up plenty of teaching challenges such as prop walk, use of bow thrusters, unfamiliar boat handling, communication through a window frame, large heavier boats and trim tabs.
Orca is a single engine, shaft driven cruiser with a bow thruster with trim tabs and provides a excellent platform for building skills on the above subjects
please contact us to arrange dates.
What to bring:
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Wet Weather gear if required.
- Use of Orca for the day.