RYA Cruising Instructor (Motor)
The RYA Cruising Instructor Course is for experienced RYA Yachtmaster Offshore skippers to be able to gain the skills required to instruct practical courses up to the level of RYA Day Skipper.
Candidates should have a depth and breadth of experience which far exceeds that of a newly qualified Yachtmaster with minimum logged sea time, so those whose knowledge and skills do not go beyond RYA Cruising Scheme competencies are unlikely to complete the course successfully. If in doubt this should be discussed with our Chief Instructor.
Throughout the 4 day course, you will asked to run sessions, brief and de-brief students as well as your own skippering ability. Although you are under observation for the 4 days from a Cruising Instructor Trainer you will receive regular 1:1 de-briefs throughout the course on your strengths and weaknesses. The aim of the course is to leave you fully prepared to teach your first course.
- 1st – 4th March 2020 – Full
- 31st Aug – 3 Sept 2020 – 2 spaces
To check availability and book click here
More dates can be added for groups of 3 or more. Please contact us for more information.
What to bring:
- All the usual and instructing equipment
- Soft soled shoes
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Any medication
- Passport photo
- Phone charger
- Accommodation and bedding in 4 single bunks (if required)
- Berthing costs
- Wet Weather gear
- Lunch on all 4 days
- Breakfast if staying on board
- Occasional dinners if staying aboard.
- Yachtmaster Offshore (Power) with Commercial Endorsement
- Be an RYA Member
- Age 18+
- Enrol & pass the RYA Cruising Instructor Knowledge Check