RYA Powerboat Instructor Course
As the RYA state the entry requirements for this course are: “The Instructor is a competent and experienced powerboat handler who has been trained to teach powerboating up to the standard of the RYA National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2) under the supervision of the Principal of a RYA Training Centre.
Candidates will attend a 3 day Instructor Course, run by an RYA Powerboat trainer and assessed by an independent trainer.
- The course structure
- Briefing & Debriefing
- How to structure practical sessions afloat
- Demonstrations of practical sessions by the candidates
- The Powerboat Level 2 course plan
- How to deliver the shorebased elements of the course
- Further on the water practical sessions
- Further development on debriefing
- What/where can a Powerboat Instructor teach.
Day 3: (run in conjunction with another Powerboat Trainer)
- Centre Admin
- Course Admin
- Delivery of shorebased sessions
- Delivery of practical sessions
- Course De-brief
During the course potential Instructors instruct sessions both on and off the water with regular debriefs with the Trainer where we ensure that you are getting the key teaching points across on each session.
2021 Course Dates:
- 7th-9th December – full
- 20th-22nd December – full
To check availability and book please click here
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate
- RYA Membership
- Up to date First Aid certificate
- Minimum age 16
- Completion of Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment