RYA Coastal Skipper Practical
The Coastal Skipper course is the perfect bridge between the Day Skipper course and the RYA Yachtmaster exam courses. It is designed to provide an experienced Day Skipper with the knowledge and confidence required to undertake longer and more complex passages by day and night.
An important aspect of this course is learning to take command and made decisions, resulting in relaxed, well-planned passages and a happy crew. By the end of the course you should be ready to build on your experience and maybe work towards a Certificate of Competence.
Before taking this course it is essential to have attended the Yachtmaster shorebased course, to ensure that time is not wasted teaching theory on board.
- 1st – 5th April 2019
- 3rd – 9th June 2019 (Extended Version)
- 1st – 5th July 2019
- 16th – 20th September 2019
- 28th October – 1st November 2019
5 days. All sail courses will only run with a minimum of 3 students on each course, due to the nature of running a yacht.
Minimum age is 17
- 5 days use of Sequel, our Beneteau 393
- Diesel and berthing fees
- Maximum 5 students
- Breakfast, lunch and some evening meals onboard
- All bedding (inc. duvet)
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
- Use of wet weather gear during the course.
What to bring:
- Cash for evening meals
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Soft soled shoes
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Any medication
- Passport photo
- Phone charger
At least a few seasons boating experience and we strongly recommend having completed the First Aid, VHF and Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Theory courses first.