RYA Coastal Skipper Practical
The Coastal Skipper course is the perfect bridge between the Day Skipper course and the RYA Yachtmaster exam courses. It is designed to provide an experienced Day Skipper with the knowledge and confidence required to undertake longer and more complex passages by day and night.
An important aspect of this course is learning to take command and made decisions, resulting in relaxed, well-planned passages and a happy crew. By the end of the course you should be ready to build on your experience and maybe work towards a Certificate of Competence.
Before taking this course it is essential to have attended the Yachtmaster shorebased course, to ensure that time is not wasted teaching theory on board.
- 28th October – 1st November 2019
To check availability and book please click here
Own Boat - £1500 (see notes below)
Our boat Private Course- £2000 (see notes below)
Minimum age is 17
- 5 days use of Sequel, our Beneteau 393
- Diesel and berthing fees
- Maximum 5 students
- Breakfast, lunch and some evening meals onboard
- All bedding (inc. duvet)
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
- Use of wet weather gear during the course.
What to bring:
- Cash for evening meals
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Soft soled shoes
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Any medication
- Passport photo
- Phone charger
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 5. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 5, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.
At least a few seasons boating experience and we strongly recommend having completed the First Aid, VHF and Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Theory courses first.