RYA Start Yachting
This course provides a short introduction to sail cruising for novices. By the end of the course you will have experienced helming a yacht, sail handling and ropework and be aware of safety on board.
2 days. Can be run in conjunction with a 5 day Competent Crew/Day Skipper Course
Own Boat - £600
Our boat Private Course: - £1000
- 2 days use of Sequel, our Beneteau 393
- Diesel and berthing fees
- Maximum 5 students
- Breakfast, lunch and some evening meal onboard
- All bedding (inc. duvet)
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
- Use of wet weather gear during the course.
What to bring:
- Cash for some evening meals
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Soft soled shoes
- Light wellies or waterproof shoes
- Clothes for the duration of the course
- Any medication
- Passport photo
- Phone charger
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 5. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- For a minimum of 1 student and a maximum of 5, you can hire our boat for a private course. The price includes all associated costs.
Recommended minimum age is 8