RYA Day Skipper Theory – Evening Class
This 6 day course is a comprehensive introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and the basics of seamanship. You will find this course invaluable if you want to learn to start making decisions onboard in terms of safety, passage making, etc.
You will receive an RYA course pack, including; charts, an exercise book and the course notes included in the course price .
This is an evening class which runs over 22 weeks starting with an introduction evening on Monday 10th September.
The course will run in 2 parts;
- Next Course is starting in September 2019
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (1.5hrs) and General Knowledge Assessment (1.5hrs)
- RYA Day Skipper shorebased pack and notes
- You & Sea additional course pack
- 22 evening classes of tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Plotter and dividers (for use throughout the course)
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Notepad and pen/pencil.
None (although having completed the Essential Navigation course helps).