RYA Day Skipper Theory – Evening Class
This 43 course is a comprehensive introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and the basics of seamanship. You will find this course invaluable if you want to learn to start making decisions onboard in terms of safety, passage making, etc.
You will receive an RYA course pack, including; charts, an exercise book and the course notes included in the course price .
This is an evening class which runs over 22 weeks starting with an introduction evening on Monday 16th September 2019.
The course will run in 2 parts;
- Part 1 – Monday 23rd September to Monday 9th December 2019
- Part 2 – Monday 13th January – Monday 17th February 2020
Introduction Day – 16th September 2019 – 19:30pm
Course Start Day – 23rd September 2019
Course Finish Day – 17th February 2020
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (1.5hrs) and General Knowledge Assessment (1.5hrs)
- RYA Day Skipper shorebased pack and notes
- You & Sea additional course pack
- 22 evening classes of tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Plotter and dividers (for use throughout the course)
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Notepad and pen/pencil.
None (although having completed the Essential Navigation course helps).