RYA Day Skipper Theory
This 6 day course is a comprehensive introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and the basics of seamanship. You will find this course invaluable if you want to learn to start making decisions onboard in terms of safety, passage making, etc.
You will receive an RYA course pack, including; charts, an exercise book and the course notes included in the course price .
- 20th – 25th May 2019 – FULL
- 22nd – 27th July 2019
- 16th – 21st September 2019
- 18th – 23rd November 2019
NB. More courses/dates can be added/created for groups of 3 or more.
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (1.5hrs) and General Knowledge Assessment (1.5hrs)
- RYA Day Skipper shorebased pack and notes
- 6 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Plotter and dividers (for use throughout the course)
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Cash for lunch (either at Cafe Rhu, or in Helensburgh)
- Pencil and notepad
None (although having completed the Essential Navigation course helps).