RYA Day Skipper Theory
This 6 day course is a comprehensive introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and the basics of seamanship. You will find this course invaluable if you want to learn to start making decisions onboard in terms of safety, passage making, etc.
You will receive an RYA course pack, including; charts, an exercise book and the course notes included in the course price .
- 16th to 21st March
- 11th to 16th May
- 13th to 18th July
- 7th to 12th September
- 2nd to 7th November
To check availability and book please click here
NB. More courses/dates can be added/created for groups of 4 or more.
Off site Course - £1800 (see notes below)
1:1 Private Course - £1500 (see notes below)
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (1.5hrs) and General Knowledge Assessment (1.5hrs)
- RYA Day Skipper shorebased pack and notes
- 6 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Plotter and dividers (for use throughout the course)
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Cash for lunch (either at Cafe Rhu, or in Helensburgh)
- Pencil and notepad
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 9. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of course packs/certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for any additional costs such as venue hire and meals.
Private 1:1 Course:
- We can organise a private course for all our shorebased courses at our classroom in Rhu. The price includes all associated costs.
None (although having completed the Essential Navigation course helps).
“— Sandy – January 2018
Very professional, competent and friendly.”
“— Michael October 2017
Very good course, will be sending staff on it.”
“— Andy, July 2017
Very helpfull and professional, instructor was extremely patient and has a great manner...”
“— Tatyana, July 2017
Very good training centre, thank you Dorothy!!”
“— Allan, July 2017
Excellent course, would recommend to anyone requiring RYA Training.”
“— Steven, July 2017
Organised and relaxed atmosphere that aids learning.”
“— Iain, April 2017
Seemed sensitive to individuals, clearly an experienced teacher.”
“— Richard, December 2016
Excellent instructor and facilities, nothing was too much trouble very patient after all...”
“— Fergus, November 2016
Great Course, very good trainer.”
“— Frank, November 2016
Very professional, indepth course more than expected”