- RYA Shorebased Courses
- Which shorebased course is best for me?
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Theory (webinar)
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
- RYA VHF Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Radar (webinar version)
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA First Aid
RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
This course can be available as a 2-day classroom course, or as an online course. For information on the interactive course, please see the Interactive courses page on our website.
A perfect introduction to navigation and safety awareness, this course is ideal for powerboat skippers, dinghy cruisers, sea anglers, divers, or anyone wanting an introduction to navigation before progressing on to one of the more advanced navigation courses.
We will provide you with the course pack, which includes a chart, plotter, dividers, course handbook, exercises and link to the Electronic Chart Plotter.
To check availability and book please click here
Off site Course - £600 (see notes below)
1:1 Private Course - £600 (see notes below)
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship shorebased pack and notes
- 2 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Plotter and dividers
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Cash for lunch (either at Cafe Rhu, or in Helensburgh)
- Pencil and notepad.
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 9. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of course packs.
- During the course, you are responsible for any additional costs such as venue hire and meals.
Private 1:1 Course:
- We can organise a private course for all our shorebased courses at our classroom in Rhu. The price includes all associated costs.