- RYA Shorebased Courses
- Which shorebased course is best for me?
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Theory (webinar)
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
- RYA VHF Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Radar (webinar version)
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA First Aid
RYA Radar (webinar version)
This version of the course is run almost the same way as the classroom version except that it is run remotely via zoom and to a smaller group of students. You will be sent the RYA Radar course pack prior to the course and through zoom will be able to access and control the Radar Simulator. In addition to the radar simulator, there will be powerpoints, discussions and an interactive whiteboard.
Course topics include:
- how the radar set works
- how its adjustments and features affect the way it works
- target definition
- radar reflectors
- types of radar display
- radar plotting
- the use of radar in navigation and collision avoidance
Please note that a decent internet connection is required along with a quiet room, laptop or pc. The radar simulator doesnt work well on tablets.
- Use of Zoom
- 1 days tuition
- RYA Radar Course Pack
- Use of the Radar Simulator (virtually controlled)
What to bring:
- Notepad and pen
Private 1:1 Course:
- We can organise this as a 1:1 private course.
- Basic knowledge or navigation, IRPCS and Chartwork
- A strong internet connection
- A quiet room
- Notepad & pen.