- RYA Shorebased Courses
- Which shorebased course is best for me?
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Theory (webinar)
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
- RYA VHF Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Radar (webinar version)
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA First Aid
Cruising boats increasingly have radar on board. The International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea state that if you have a radar, you must know how to use it.
Radar is probably the most versatile of all electronic navigation aids, but the best results are only obtained when you know how to use all the functions correctly. It is not an all seeing eye, and can easily mislead those who do not understand its controls, allow for its limitations, or interpret its picture.
Course topics include:
- how the radar set works
- how its adjustments and features affect the way it works
- target definition
- radar reflectors
- types of radar display
- radar plotting
- the use of radar in navigation and collision avoidance
- 20th January
- 31st March
- 12th May
- 28th July
- 22nd September
- 24th November
To check availability and book please click here
Off site Course - £300 (see notes below)
1:1 Private Course - £500 (see notes below)
- Use of our classroom
- RYA Radar Course Pack
- Use of our Laptops with the training simulator
- Refreshments throughout the course
What to bring:
- Notepad and pen
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 9. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for any additional costs such as venue hire and meals.
Private 1:1 Course:
- We can organise a private course for all our shorebased courses at our classroom in Rhu. The price includes all associated costs.
None although having a basic knowledge of navigation helps.