- RYA Shorebased Courses
- Which shorebased course is best for me?
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Theory (webinar)
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
- RYA VHF Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Radar (webinar version)
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA First Aid
RYA Sea Survival
This RYA course is for offshore race crews, cruising yachts, professional seafarers and commercial operators. It covers essential sea survival skills: if disaster happened at sea, would you know what to do?
Our RYA Sea Survival training course assumes the worst case scenario: that you have to abandon your yacht or ship. The Sea Survival course equips students with a grounding in core safety and survival techniques with some practical, hands-on demonstrations.
2021 Course Dates:
- 22nd January
- 2nd April
- 14th May
- 30th July
- 24th September
- 26th November
NB: A Minimum of 6 is required to run a course.
To check availability and book please click here
Offsite - £300 (see notes below)
- Use of our classroom
- RYA Sea Survival Course Book
- Use of our training mannequins and equipment
- Refreshments throughout the course.
- Hire Fee for the Swimming Pool
- Lifejacket and Wet Weather gear for practical session
What to bring:
- Notepad and pen
- Swim wear & towel for the practical session
- Lifejacket and Foul Weather gear if you wish to use your own.
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training and there is access to a suitable swimming pool. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 9. There are additional costs for this course such as lifejacket and liferaft rearming, pool hire and course packs..
- During the course, you are responsible for any additional costs such as venue hire and meals.
Private 1:1 Course:
- This course isnt suitable for 1:1 training.
“— Ann November 2017
Very informative, very good, friendly positive place to learn.”
“— Graham, November 2016
Good amount of theory work and very good practical.”
“— Frank, November 2016
Another very educational real life practical scenario course.”
“— Steve, November 2016
Well delivered course.”