- RYA Shorebased Courses
- Which shorebased course is best for me?
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Day Skipper Theory (webinar)
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
- RYA VHF Radio
- RYA Radar
- RYA Radar (webinar version)
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA First Aid
RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
An advanced navigation course, this is aimed at those who have already successfully completed the Day Skipper course or are of equivalent standard. The course will give students the skills required to successfully navigate a vessel on coastal or offshore passages by day and night.
The syllabus is designed to take your theory knowledge to the standard required for sitting the Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills. Included in the course fee is your RYA course pack, including charts, an exercise book and the course notes.
- 11th – 16th January
- 15th – 15th February
- 19th – 24th April
- 21st – 26th June
- 16th – 21st August
- 18th – 23rd October
- 6th – 11th December
To check availability and book please click here
Off site Course - £1800 (see notes below)
1:1 Private Course - £1800 (see notes below)
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (2hrs) Collision Regulations (1.5hrs) Passage Making (3.5 hours)
- RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster shorebased pack and notes
- 7 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Use of our Plotter and dividers for the duration of the course.
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Cash for lunch (either Cafe Rhu or in Helensburgh)
- Note pad
- Laptop (if you have one)
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 9. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of course packs/certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for any additional costs such as venue hire and meals.
Private 1:1 Course:
- We can organise a private course for all our shorebased courses at our classroom in Rhu. The price includes all associated costs.
A very solid knowledge of Chartwork, IRPCS and Meteorology necessary (and ideally a couple of years of practical boating experience).