RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
This course is run over 2 blocks (4 days & 4 days) to maximise learning and study.
An advanced navigation course, this is aimed at those who have already successfully completed the Day Skipper course or are of equivalent standard. The course will give students the skills required to successfully navigate a vessel on coastal or offshore passages by day and night.
The syllabus is designed to take your theory knowledge to the standard required for sitting the Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills. Included in the course fee is your RYA course pack, including charts, an exercise book and the course notes.
- 12th – 15th and 19th – 22nd February 2019
- 1st – 4th and 8th – 11th April 2019
- 17th – 20th and 24th – 27th June 2019
- 19th – 22nd and 26th – 29th August 2019
- 21st – 24th and 28th – 31st October 2019
- 9th – 12th and 16th – 19th December 2019
NB. More dates can be added/created for groups of 4 or more.
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (2hrs) Collision Regulations (1.5hrs) Passage Making (3.5 hours)
- RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster shorebased pack and notes
- 8 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Plotter and dividers
- Pencil and notepad
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Cash for lunch (either Cafe Rhu or in Helensburgh)
A very solid knowledge of Chartwork, IRPCS and Meteorology necessary (and ideally a couple of years of practical boating experience).