RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory
An advanced navigation course, this is aimed at those who have already successfully completed the Day Skipper course or are of equivalent standard. The course will give students the skills required to successfully navigate a vessel on coastal or offshore passages by day and night.
The syllabus is designed to take your theory knowledge to the standard required for sitting the Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills. Included in the course fee is your RYA course pack, including charts, an exercise book and the course notes.
- 19th – 25th August
- 21st – 27th October
- 9th – 15th December
NB. More dates can be added/created for groups of 4 or more.
Assessment includes: Chartwork Assessment (2hrs) Collision Regulations (1.5hrs) Passage Making (3.5 hours)
- RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster shorebased pack and notes
- 8 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- RYA Training Almanac
- Use of our Plotter and dividers for the duration of the course.
- Light refreshments throughout the course
What to bring with you:
- Cash for lunch (either Cafe Rhu or in Helensburgh)
- Note pad
- Laptop (if you have one)
A very solid knowledge of Chartwork, IRPCS and Meteorology necessary (and ideally a couple of years of practical boating experience).