Advanced Radar Course
Following the RYA 1 Day Radar Classroom Course, we have designed a bespoke 1 day PRACTICAL radar course which is designed to consolidate the theory learnt in the classroom.
Using the Raymarine equipment on our Millbrook, we cover many subjects including;
- Setting up the radar screen
- Basic controls
- Using the EBL and VRM
- Head up vs North Up
- Integration with the chartplotter and AIS Units.
- Using Radar for pilotage
- Positing Fixing by Radar
- ‘Blind’ Radar Navigation
This is a thoroughly recommended course for anyone who wants to gain a really good practical understanding of Radar. We will happily run this course on your boat providing it has a chartplotter/radar and ideally AIS.
Available on request. Please contact the office.
Our Boat - £300pp (3 people required)
Private 1:1 Our Boat - £1000
- 1 days use of our Nelson 42, Millbrook or our Albin 28, Orca
- Maximum 3 students
- lunch and snacks on board
- Use of a lifejacket for the course
What to bring:
- All the usual skippering equipment (pencils, erasers, notepads etc)
- Wet weather gear (contact us if you haven’t got any)
- Any medication
Own Boat Course:
- This course can be conducted on your own boat, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 4. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location and the cost of certificates.
- During the course, you are responsible for the running costs of the boat such as fuel, berthing and food.
Private course on our boat:
- This course can be run as a private 1:1 course on either of our Motor Boats. The price includes all associated costs.
- Have completed the 1 Day Classroom Radar course
- Boat Handling/Navigation to the level of Day Skipper