SQA Radar in Code Vessels
Whilst initially aimed at meeting the training requirements of the Workboat Code 2, this unit will be of benefit to skippers of code vessels and the content is similar to the MCA Small Ships Navigation and Radar Course. The MCA have confirmed in MIN 522 the Radar module can be used on its own for the radar endorsement under the Boatmaster scheme.
This is course is required to fullfill the Workboat Code 2 requirements for an Radar qualification. If you do not hold an ECDIS qualification and require an Chart systems qualifcation as well then please click here for information on the 5 day course.
This course is now conducted in our classroom using our new Transas Radar software.
Use of Radar in Code Vessels:
- Radar Set up
- Screen orientation
- Clutter controls
- Interfacing with chart plotter systems
- Radar use in Collision avoidance
- Manual plotting
- Use of MARPA/automatic plotting
- and more
- 14th-16th February
- 27th-29th March
- 24th-26th April
- 12th-14th June
- 28th-30th August
- 2nd-4th October
To view availability and to book please click here
- 2.5 days tuition in our modern training classroom in Rhu Marina
- USB Stick with supporting course notes and material
- Use of our Plotter and dividers for the duration of the course.
- Light refreshments throughout the course.
- Notepad & pen
- Previous navigational experience to Day Skipper standard.
- Previous seagoing experience and sea time fulfilling MCA’s requirements for Commercial Vessels.
- Hold an ECDIS Qualification if your working under the Workboat Code 2