STCW Elementary First Aid
This elementary Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers First Aid course is designed to provide candidates with the minimum basic requirements for all seafarers who are required to provide medical care onboard ship. This course involves both practical and theory work with a short exam at the end of the day.
The course will cover:
- Applying immediate first aid in the event of an accident/injury onboard ship
- Actions on discovering a casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Recovery position
- Burns and scalds
- Examination of a casualty
- Choking and anaphylaxis
- Transporting a casualty onboard ship
NB – Candidates will have to sit a practical and theoretical exam with an external examiner in order to pass the course.