A 1 day course that looks into the weird and wonderful that we get in the UK. The morning is spent looking at the theory of weather covering topics such as;
- What are fronts
- How they form
- Types of cloud
- Low Pressures / High Pressures
- UK Wind directions and the associated weather
- Sea / Land Breezes
The afternoon is spent interpreting synoptic charts including;
- What they tell us
- What are isobars
- How to spot a change in the weather
- The shipping forecast
- The inshore waters forecast.
The last part of the course is spent looking at the various apps available including Windy, Met Office, XC Weather and Grib Files.
IF COVID RESTRICTIONS ARE IN PLACE AT THE TIME OF THE COURSE THEN THIS WILL BE TURNED INTO A VIRTUAL COURSE AND RUN THROUGH ZOOM
- 27th March
- 6th June
- 15th August
- 3rd October
- 28th November
To check availability and to book please click here
Off Site - £300per day (see notes below)
- 1 days tuition in our classroom
- Maximum 6 students
- Notepad / Pen
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 4. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location.
- During the course, you are responsible for the cost of the venue and lunch.
- A basic knowledge of weather