A 1 Day theory course looking into the intriguing world of planning a coastal passage around the West of Scotland. We use real life charts, almanacs and tidal stream atlas’ to build a passage plan for you to take away and refer to time and time again.
The morning of the course is spent looking at;
- the theory behind passage planning,
- a refresher on tidal streams and using tidal atlas
- pilotage techniques
- the use of waypoints.
The afternoon of the course is spent producing a complete passage plan.
The plan can either be built using electronic chartplotter equipment on our laptops or by using large scale Imray charts that cover the whole of the West of Scotland. We have complete chart coverage around Scotland so if there is a a particular plan you wish to design then just let the instructor know.
The RYA Passage Planning book is included as part of the course fee.
To check availability and to book click here
- April 17th
- June 5th
- August 14th
- October 2nd
- November 27th
Off Site - £300per day (see notes below)
- 1 days tuition in our classroom
- Maximum 6 students
- Notepad & Pen
- This course can be conducted on your own premises, providing it is suitable for training. The cost above is a effectively a hire an instructor cost and the cost stays the same whether there are 1 of you or 6. The only additional costs from us would be travel costs to get to your location.
- During the course, you are responsible for the cost of the venue and lunch.
Knowledge of Navigation to Day Skipper Level..